Friday, April 22, 2011

Ham with Pineapple

Want ham for Easter, but don't want or need to do a whole big ham? Try this simple recipe. I got it from my sister, Joan years ago. Recently she published a cookbook and I found the recipe in there. But it was a little different than the one I've been using for years. So I tried this "new" version, and it's even better. Joan's obviously been tweaking and improving. You can get a bag of five nice ham steaks at Costco (and freeze what you don't need) or they sell them at the grocery store, too.
Mix together:
1/2-3/4 cups brown sugar (always error on the side of sweet, is my motto)
2 T. prepared mustard
Make it into a paste. Open a can of pineapple. (Joan says sliced pineapple, which would be much prettier, but chunks is what I had) Add 1 T. pineapple juice to the paste and mix. Spread paste onto the ham steak. Drain the pineapple and arrange over the top. Cover with foil and warm in 350 oven for 30- 45 minutes.

No comments: