Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pantry Pick of the Month: Marinated Artichoke Hearts/Lime Shrimp Scampi with Marinated Artichoke Hearts over Angel Hair Pasta

On impulse, I purchased two LARGE jars of marinated artichoke hearts at Costco.  What am I going to do with these?  They are my pantry pick this month.  I looked at several pasta recipes that included artichoke hearts, but in the end, just made up my own.  It turned out SO good.  Here are some of the star ingredients:







Lime Shrimp Scampi with Marinated Artichoke Hearts
1 lb. angel hair pasta
1/2 bag frozen shrimp
1/2- 3/4 cup or so marinated artichoke hearts
3-4 Tablespoons Garlic Butter
Juice of 2 or 3 limes  (more or less to taste)
Salt
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes 1/4 tsp.- blow your head off a lot
Two big handfuls grated Parmesan cheese

You may have detected that I am so guessing on amounts.  I just made it up as I went along.
In boiling, salted water, cook the pasta.  While it's cooking, make the sauce:
Start with a large sided skillet or Le Cruset' pan.  Put in a big hunk of the garlic butter in a large sided skillet or Le Creuset pan.  Squeeze the lime juice right in the pan.  Add the shrimp, artichoke hearts, a few Tablespoons of the marinade from the artichokes, red pepper flakes, and a ladel full of the pasta cooking water.  Cook until the shrimp turn pink. Add the drained pasta right into the skillet and mix together.  Add the parmesan cheese and salt if needed.  Serve while hot.

PS  The garlic butter makes delicious garlic bread!

No comments: