Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Snickers Cake

Years ago, my sister in law, Ada, made a Snickers Cake.  It was really good.  At that time, I made a note in this blog as a recipe to post sometime, but I never got the recipe.  So recently I looked for the recipe online.  I found there are many different versions of Snickers Cake on the Internet.  I tried this one.
This cake is very moist.  I think I would reduce the amount of caramel sauce so it's not quite so moist.





Snickers Cake
1 box devils food cake mix, made according to the directions on package
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups hot caramel sauce (1 jar smuckers or my homemade recipe)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 snickers candy bars, chopped
1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
caramel sauce
chocolate sauce

Bake cake in 9 x 13 pan as directed
While baking, mix condensed milk and caramel topping until well bleneded.  When the cake is done and while it is still hot, poke holes in it with a fork or straw.  Pour milk mixture over the cake.  Allow to cool completely.  Sprinkle chocolate chips over the cake.
In a chilled bow, whip together the cream, sugar and vanilla.  Whip on high spead for 1 -2 minutes.  Stir in the chopped snickers.  Spread over the cake.  Sprinklke chopped peanuts on top.  Drizzle caramel and Chocoalte sauce on top.  Chill

Just a pinch recipes

I since have talked to Ada and found that this is not the recipe she used.  She shared with me the one she did use.  So, I guess the experimenting will have to continue!  Tough job, but somebody's got to do it.

No comments: