Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Christmas Crack

 Oh my goodness, this stuff is delicious!  Michelle set out a bowl of it during a ballgame and it was inhaled in minutes.  My husband could not stop eating it and said after, "I absolutely forbid you to get this recipe!  I can't control myself!"  But, here it is.  Michelle's delicious Christmas Crack.

Christmas Crack

12.8 ounce box of Rice Chex Cereal
12 ounces box of Golden Grahams cereal
7 ounces shredded coconut
4 ounces slivered almonds
1 1/2 cup butter (three sticks)
2 cups sugar
2 cups light corn syrup

Combine the cereals, coconut and almonds in a large bowl.
In a large saucepan:
Combine the butter, sugar, and corn syrup to soft ball stage.  Pour over the cereal mixture and stir until all is well coated.  Pour mixture onto two large cookie sheets to cool.  Stir occasionally to prevent clumping.  Store (ha!) in an airtight container.  
Optional:  You can add marshmallows or chocolate chunks if desired.  

No comments: