Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Chicken Stuffing Casserole in the Crockpot

I love this casserole.  It reminds me of Thanksgiving dinner.  I've made this casserole for years, but recently discovered it works greats in the crockpot.  But spray it well.  With the cheese, it tends to stick.
Chicken Stuffing Casserole in the Crockpot
4-6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices Swiss cheese
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 package Stove Top Stuffing (or equivalent)
1/2 cup butter, melted

Spray the Crockpot really well.  Arrange the chicken breasts in the bottom ( my crockpot cooks so fast I often put in frozen breasts and it works great)  Next put the cheese slices.  Combine the soup and milk and pour over the chicken and cheese.  Then sprinkle the stuffing mix, then drizzle the butter over all.  Cook on low 8-10 hours.  Serve with cranberry sauce.

No comments: