Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cinnamon Streusel Cake


I got this recipe from my amazing Mother. I made a few minor changes. I made it yesterday for a birthday shin-dig and got lots of compliments. It is very moist, pretty, and easy!

Batter:
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding (I used 1 cup van. pdg. from a number 10 food storage can)
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used a little less)
1 1/3 cups water
2 eggs

Streusel:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 T butter, melted

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 T milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Grease and flour a ten inch tube pan or bundt. In a large bowl, blend batter ingredients (cake mix, pudding, oil, water, and eggs). Beat 2 min. Spread 1/2 of the batter into your greased/floured 10-inch pan or bundt. Combine streusel ingedients. Sprinkle streusel mixture over the batter in the pan. Spread remaining batter over streusel. Bake 40-50 minutes. Cool in pan for 25 minutes. Remove from pan and glaze. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kay Hinton said...

This is a good cake. I'm glad it turned out so well for you. I love your cake plate!