Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Asparagus with Nutmeg-Browned Butter

I found this delicious recipe in a little cookbook Michelle gave me for my birthday of Norwegian recipes. I made it for our recent family Heritage Dinner. It is so good and easy to make. So pick up some of that asparagus that is in the stores right now and give it a try!
2 lbs. fresh asparagus spears
Boiling salted water
Salt
6 T. butter
1/4 tsp. grated or ground nutmeg

Wash and break each spear where it wants to break- usually 1-2" up the stem. This gets rid of the woody part.
Cook in boiling salted water just until tender.
Drain well, turn into serving dish. In a small pan, heat butter until it bubbles and browns slightly; stir in nutmeg. Pour butter over asparagus. Serve immediately. Serves 6.

1 comment:

Pal & Hatty said...

This looks so good! I will try the recipe!