Friday, May 4, 2012

Crazy Whole Wheat Muffins


Moist, sweet, and decidedly delightful, this muffin is more like a cupcake.  Our small family consumed three batches within the past two weeks; that's how good they are.  It whips up in no time with only 6 ingredients to throw in your bowl.  These are the perfect healthy, sweet snack if you ask me.

Crazy Whole Wheat Muffins
1/2 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup applesauce
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Mix ingredients together and pour into muffin tins.  Bake for 20 minutes (8 minutes for mini muffins).

Recipe source:  "The Essential Food Storage Cookbook" by Tami Girsbirger and Carol Peterson, one of the most useful, practical, cookbooks that I own.  I recently told my husband that I really ought to start at the beginning and try every recipe in there, since we have really enjoyed every recipe we've tried from it.  

2 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

Mmmm. Healthy and sweet! I think this is exactly what I need today. They look amazing. I wonder if I have the time to whip up a batch right now. Off I go.

Pal & Hatty said...

These sound yummy and like a good way to get whole wheat in my diet!