Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Servings: About 6
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning, or to taste
- 1 2/3 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cups salsa
- 12 taco shells
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until tender, about five minutes. Mix lentils and taco seasoning into onion mixture; cook and stir for one minute.
- Cover lentils with chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until lentils are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until mixture is slightly thickened, 6 to 8 minutes. Mash lentils slightly; stir in salsa.
- Serve about 1/4 cup lentil mixture in each taco shell; top with lettuce, tomatoes, Cheddar cheese, and sour cream.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did! Any recommendations for other tasty ways to use lentils?