Monday, December 2, 2013

Quick and Easy Brownies (as easy as a brownie mix!)


I volunteered to take brownies to a chocolate fondue party.  I had one hour to make them.  One hour.  Then I had an appointment and wouldn't get home until almost time to leave for the party.  I had a brownie mix in my pantry, so I wasn't worried.  At least not until I opened the mix to find the mix had gone bad.  It had a terrible smell.  Aagh!!  So I ran to my computer and went to my favorite site- allrecipes.com and searched "QUICK brownies."   This recipe came up.  I honestly had it made and in the oven as fast as if it had been a mix. It took me 45 minutes start to finish.  I left them to cool and came home and cut them up and off we went to the party.  And they were yummy and moist.  I may never buy a brownie mix again!

Quick and Easy Brownies
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional

Heat oven to 350.  Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.  Don't overmix. Spread into a greased 13x9 pan.   Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.  Don't overbake.  Brownies are best if they're chewy.  When cool, you can sprinkle them with powdered sugar or frost them with chocolate frosting, if desired.  Cut and store in airtight container.

No comments: