Saturday, May 3, 2014

Springtime Veggie Pasta

I had the most beautiful lunch today. I listened to an uplifting message (Pick any one. They are all wonderful.) while relishing in this delicious dish.
Not only is it super healthy, it is incredibly delicious. One of my new favorite ways to "get my greens!" It is fresh and perfect for a light, spring or summer time meal.
Here is how it came about. I opened my fridge to find way too many containers of left overs. The steamed broccoli and asparagus and sauteed mushrooms especially caught my eye. I recalled seeing a recipe that I wanted to try online, so I pulled it up and created this dish using that recipe as inspiration.

Steamed or sauteed vegetables of choice. (I had steamed broccoli and asparagus & some mushrooms sauteed with onions in butter. You could also do sugar snap peas, cauliflower, zucchini, yellow squash...whatever floats your boat.)
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Feta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Penne Pasta

Cook pasta until al dente. Top with veggies then splash with lemon juice and drizzle olive oil to taste. I probably used a teaspoon or two on my dish. Sprinkle Feta cheese on top. This adds a wonderful depth of flavor. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.

Now I realize that this recipe is super inexact which is so not me. I like exact. Here is the link to the recipe I used as inspiration. You can use it as a guide for amounts if you would like: Penne with Shrimp, Feta and Spring Vegetables by Martha Stewart. 

And remember the link at the top of the page for food for your spirit as well! The combination was just the pick me up I needed in the middle of the day.


No comments: