Wednesday, December 2, 2015

One Bowl Chocolate Cake

This rich, moist cake was a hit at my son's birthday, and it only takes a few minutes to prepare the batter.  I frosted it with "Creamy Chocolate Frosting." It has a dense, rich consistency since it has a minimal amount of flour. My mouth may or may not be watering right now as I think about it. I will tell you that this cake didn't last long.


My baby ate every last crumb.  No wasting any of this good stuff!

Prep: 20 min
Cook: 30 min
Ready In: 1 hour

Ingredients:
2 cups white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
2.  In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer.  Stir in the boiling water last.  Batter will be thin.  Pour evenly into the prepared pans.  
3.  Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick.  To reduce dome shaped top, press down on top of cake with a dish towel to flatten.  This allows for more even stacking for the two layers, without the top one cracking.  Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.  

*Recipe from allrecipes.com:  "One Bowl Chocolate Cake III"

2 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

Oh Yea!!!! Thank you so much for posting this! I honestly think this is the best cake I've ever tasted . . . and let me tell you, I've tasted a few!

Pal & Hatty said...

This cake looks and sounds so yummy. I am glad to have this recipe -Thanks!