Friday, September 10, 2021

Favorites: Main Dishes

 I can't, I can't, I can't.  There are 207 recipes on this blog labeled Main Dishes.  There is no way  I can choose only five that I love.  So, I created two other categories: Comfort foods and Casseroles.  But even with that, the task is impossible.  So, I will choose five OF my favorites.  I did whittle it down to 15.  Even that was painful.

Pork Roast in Apple Butter Sauce:  This is so delicious.  I got the recipe from the Andelin's Gable House cookbook.  It is said to have been Thomas S. Monson's favorite.



Hungry Hintons: Pork Roast in the Crockpot with Apple Almond Butter Sauce

Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon:  Oh my, this is delicious.



Hungry Hintons: Brown Sugar-Glazed Salmon

Fish Tacos:  This is probably the dish we eat the most.  We love these.  I have used salmon and tilapia.  Both are delicious.  


Hungry Hintons: Pantry Pick of the Month: Ro Tel Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro/ Fish Tacos

4. Chicken Stir Fry:  This should probably be in Comfort Foods.  I have been making this dish since these beautiful daughters were little girls.  I have made it with shrimp, pork, and beef, too, but chicken is my favorite.

5. Thai Coconut Curry:  This recipe is easy and oh, so yummy.  Shown here with shrimp, but you can use any protein of your choice.  

Honorable Mentions:
1. Michelle's Sweet and Sour Chicken:  This dish is so delicious and easy.  We seriously need to take a picture of it.  

2. Hungarian Beef over Baked Noodles:  I love this recipe.  So yummy!  It is one I often turn to to serve to company.

I cheated a bit, but there you have some of our favorite main dishes.

No comments: