Monday, September 2, 2019

Brown Sugar-Glazed Salmon

I have been in search of a delicious salmon recipe that I was served several months ago (at a special dinner at our temple cafeteria.)  I tried another glazed salmon that was pretty good, but it wasn't as good as the one I was served.  I talked to my sister-in-law who knows the chef that prepared that delicious salmon.  She said he claims that the glaze for the salmon he prepared is just butter and brown sugar.  So I decided to try it.  It was absolutely delicious!  Is salmon still good for you if it is covered in butter??  I don't know, and after eating it, I kind of don't care!

Brown Sugar-Glazed Salmon
Equal parts brown sugar and melted butter (I used about 1/2 cup of each.)  Melt together in the microwave the  butter and brown sugar.  Spread over salmon steaks. Heat a skillet.  Put filets in the skillet and spread the  glaze over the top.  Cook on each side about 3-5 minutes or until flaky. I did put in a pinch of red paper flakes as well, for a tiny bit of spice.

No comments: