Friday, November 5, 2021

Knife and Fork Soup

 My dad used to make this soup frequently and loved it.  I recently found out that my sister, Joan originally shared the recipe with him.  It is a delicious sausage/ vegetable soup.

Knife and Fork Soup

1 1/2 lb. Italian smoked sausages, cut into bite-sized chunks
1 cup sliced carrots
1 onion, diced
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 T. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. oregano
6 cups boiling water
1 quart diced tomatoes
1 zucchini, diced
1 package frozen hashbrowns
1 can green beans
Put all in a soup pot except the potatoes and beans.  Cook for about 1/2 hour.  Add the hashbrowns and bean.  Heat until the potatoes are cooked.  Serve with crusty bread.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I bet my sausage loving boys would be excited to try this!