Monday, January 10, 2022

Ooey Gooey Butter Cake

 When in Branson, MO, we ate at Paula Deen's restaurant.  We both had the Ooey, Gooey Butter Cake for dessert.  Before I even unpacked my suitcase when I got home, I googled the recipe.  There were several versions out there in cyberspace.  I decided to try this one.  You can vary the flavor.  At her restaurant, they offered vanilla, chocolate with chocolate chips, and pumpkin.  I tried chocolate by substituting the yellow cake with chocolate and by sprinkling some chocolate chips between the layers.  Yummy!



Ooey Gooey Butter Cake

1 package yellow cake mix

1 egg

2 cubes butter, melted

Filling:

1 8-oz pkg. cream cheese, softened

2 eggs

4 cups powdered sugar

1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350

Combine the cake mix, egg, and 1/2 butter.  Beat well with an electric mixer.  Press into a 13 x 9 pan

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.  Add the eggs and the other 8 T of butter and vanilla.  Beat well.  Add the powdered sugar and mix well.  Spread over the cake batter and bake for 40-50 minutes.  Don't overbake.  The center should be a little gooey!





No comments: