Monday, October 31, 2022

Hot Fruit Salad

 I recently made this hot fruit salad for a family gathering.  It tasted like warm raspberry applesauce.  My grandchildren loved it.  In the 1970's, I attended what was then Ricks College.  This recipe was in a school newsletter.  It was the president's wife's recipe.  I thought it was worth a try all these years later.


Hot Fruit Salad

1 pkg. fresh or frozen raspberries

1 can pineapple chunks or tidbits

2 cups applesauce

Whatever other fruit you want:

1 can peaches

 1 can pears

1 can fruit cocktail

I used fresh peaches and pears because I had them

Drain the fruit.  Mix together and put in a casserole or slow cooker. Top with some brown sugar. Bake at about 300 for several hours or until hot.  Stir occasionally.  Serve warm.

No comments: