Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chicken Salad

This is a brave post from the Mackrory household because I made up this recipe...probably the first ever! I was craving chicken salad and we didn't have all the ingredients for any of the chicken salad recipes that I could find, so I was forced to create my own. I was thrilled when all 4 members of our family liked it. Here is my experiment:

2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced small
1 carrot, diced and partially cooked until tender/crisp
1 apple, peeled and diced
1/3 small onion, finely diced
cashews
1/2 cup pureed cauliflower (this helps make the sauce...it is creamy and much more healthy than just mayo)
1/3-1/2 cup mayonaise
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients. Ideally it would taste best chilled...I usually get it made just in time for dinner. :) Serve with some type of bread (we usually end up with toast instead of a much yummier roll) and green salad.

No comments: