Sunday, August 8, 2010

Barbecups

This is my version of an old Pillsbury recipe. So easy!
1 lb. ground beef
1 minced onion or dried minced onion
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
2 T. brown sugar
1 small can pork and beans (my addition)
3/4 cup or so shredded cheese
1 can biscuits
Heat oven to 400. In a large skillet, brown beef. Add sauce, beans, and brown sugar. Place a biscuit in each of a sprayed muffin tin. Top with meat mixture, then grated cheese. Bake at 400 for 10- 12 minutes. Sometimes I put all the biscuits in a square 9x9 pan and bake them for about ten minutes, then I take them out and pour the meat mixture over all, then top with grated cheese and put them back in the oven and finish baking until cheese is melted and the biscuits are done. It's less messy that way.

2 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I remember this recipe. You've had it for years. I haven't had it since my college days :)

sara cardon said...

This another one of those goodies I remember from college too! Your girls would make it for dinner group at the Riv.:)