Sunday, September 5, 2010

O'Charley's Salad Recreated


A couple of months ago I had an amazing salad at O'Charley's. So I tried to re-create it. I couldn't copy their amazing Balsamic Viniagrette, but the one I found online was pretty good, just not as thick as O'Charley's. Here are the ingredients for the salad.

Mixed Greens (I used romaine)
Bleu Cheese crumbles (I used Feta, also good, but not quite as strong and I think I prefer the bleu)
sliced strawberries
pecans
mandarin oranges
dried cranberries
Grilled chicken or shrimp (optional)

Mix together and serve w/ balsamic viniagrette.

Viniagrette
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dark brown sugar
1 T garlic (I used 1/8 tsp garlic powder)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 c olive oil

Notice the rosemary bread that I served w/ it, so good.

1 comment:

sara cardon said...

Mmmmmmm! A great looking salad! You had me at blue cheese.:)