Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Honey-Mustard Curry Chicken

I just tried this recipe and we loved it.  It is easy to make.  I served it with loaded baked potatoes, but I think it would be delicious sliced and served on a bed of rice with the sauce ladeled over the top.  That's how I'm going to try it next time.  I think I'll double the sauce, though, so there's plenty to flavor the rice.
 In a gallon zip lock bag, mix the following:
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1 T. curry powder (curry powders vary in their "hotness."  I used a red curry powder, and it was the perfect "hotness" for us.)
4 T. soy sauce

Zip close the bag and knead and mix the ingredients together.  Open the bag and add:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Mix the marinade so it covers the chicken.  Put in the fridge overnight or at least for several hours.

When ready to bake, pour the bag contents into a 9x9 baking dish.  Cover tightly with foil.  Bake at 350 for about an hour.  Take off the foil and baste chicken.  Bake uncovered for a few more minutes.

Serve with the sauce.


1 comment:

Pal & Hatty said...

Yum! I love curry and I will have to try this!