Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Easy Rice Pudding with Leftover Rice

I love rice pudding.  I had some leftover rice.  It seemed like my mother used to make rice pudding out of leftover rice,  so I went to allrecipes.com to see if I could find a recipe that started with leftover rice.  I found one.   It's probably not as good as when it's done the "real" way, but it was yummy and fast and satisfied my craving.  I really like it for breakfast, too.

2 cups cooked white rice
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 can evaporated milk (12 oz.)
1/3- 1/2 cup sugar (to taste)
(Nuts, Raisins, other dried fruits as desired)

In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.  Bring to a soft boil.  Reduce the heat to low/ simmer. Cover and cook for about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until it's thick and creamy.  Add nuts, raisins, or other dried fruit as you serve it, as desired.

1 comment:

Pal & Hatty said...

Sounds like yummy comfort food! The evaporated milk would make it so creamy and delicious!