Friday, October 10, 2014

Italian Pasta Salad

My kids love pasta salad! There are three kinds that I make that they love. This Italian one, Taco Pasta Salad, and Caesar Pasta Salad. I made this one this week and today my son asked for it for lunch and if we could have it for dinner too. Then he said I should make some more tomorrow as well.
So here is our salad, almost gone now, but it is a good one.
Ingredients:
1 lb pasta
1/2 bottle of Italian dressing
2 carrots, chopped
1 or 2 tomatoes, chopped
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (or I make my own in my pressure cooker and I use 1 1/2 cups of my own)
1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/3 package of Turkey Pepperoni, chopped
Boil 1 lb of pasta one minute less than package directions. (Your choice of pasta, my kids like this radiatore or garden rotini.)
While it's boiling chop up 2 carrots and add them for the last 3 minutes of the pasta boiling time. 
Drain the pasta and carrots, then add them to a big bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Stir and refrigerate for a few hours. Stir and add some more italian dressing to moisten it up before serving. Enjoy!

No comments: