Monday, October 6, 2014

Stuffed Hot Dogs


A friend brought our family this dish when we welcomed Michelle into the world.  That's a long time ago. It tasted so good to me and still brings tears when I think of the kindness displayed by so many when I really needed help.   She brought it with glazed carrots and brownies. I've made it ever since and I always serve it with glazed carrots on the side and brownies for dessert. I have tried it with hamburger patties rather than hot dogs and that's good, too.  It's pretty easy and kid friendly.  Who doesn't love a good hot dog!

1 package good quality hot dogs
Leftover mashed potatoes or you can make them- mashed potatoes (you can use those prepared ones from Costco for a really quick meal)  OR you can make instant potatoes-  So many options!
Grated cheese

Open the hot dogs by splitting the long way, but leave the two halves together.  Arrange in a 13 x 9 or similar sized sprayed casserole dish.  Top with mounds of mashed potatoes, then sprinkle with cheese. If I'm in a hurry, instead of carefully stuffing each hot dog, I just spread the potatoes over all, then put on the cheese.  Bake at 350 until it's hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted.


No comments: