Friday, September 4, 2015

Cajun Pasta

Cajun Pasta:
It is super easy to make and also is really easy to adapt the recipe to your taste preferences.

This is the recipe for the cajun seasoning: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cajun-spice-mix-2/
*(I usually cut down the cayenne pepper to half because it's pretty spicy if not. -Which Blake loves, but the kids not so much ;)

I melt a little butter and saute the chicken first and then add the veggies (peppers, onions, and mushrooms) cooking until tender. Then I add all of the seasoning + 1/4 tsp basil, stirring to coat everything. After that I add 1 cup of cream (or 3/4 cup cream + 1/4 cup milk) and 1/4 cup of parmesan. Then I combine it with a package of cooked pasta. We like to top it with diced tomatoes, lime juice, and a little more parmesan when we serve it.

Again, another Robyn recipe.

No comments: