-3 bananas, mashed
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup sour cream
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-2 tsps vanilla extract
-2 cups white flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-3/4 tsp salt
-1/4 cup butter, softened
-1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
-1 1/2 TBSP milk
-3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
For the brownie part:
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy.
3. Blend in bananas & vanilla.
4. Add flour, baking soda, salt and blend for 1 minutes.
5. Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 23-25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Cool slightly (warm but not hot) and frost with frosting.
For the frosting part:
7. Heat butter while stirring in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
8. Watch it carefully when it reaches a medium brown color turn off heat, whisk in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, adding milk as it thickens, then add in vanilla.
9. Pour over the warm banana bread brownies immediately and smooth with a spatula.
10. Cool completely before cutting.
I got the original recipe from sugarapron.com, and I have made a few changes.