Monday, February 1, 2021

Patty's Lemon Bars

 My sister, Patty is a magnificent cook.  I recently made her delicious, buttery lemon bars.   




Lemon Bars

Crust
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, cut up
1/2 tsp. salt

Filling
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
4 T. flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 T. lemon peel
6-7 T lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350
Combine the flour and powdered sugar and salt, then cut in the butter until crumbly (You can use a cutting tool, but I prefer to use my hands.)  Press into a 13 x 9 pan.  Bake for 15 minutes.  While baking, mix the filling:
Beat the eggs and sugar until light colored and fluffy.  Stir in the flour, bp, lemon peel, juice and salt.  Pour the filling over the crust and put back in the oven for another 18-25 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool completely, then sift powdered sugar over the top.  Cut into squares. 


1 comment:

Pal & Hatty said...

Thanks for the compliment, you made my day! I have made many of the recipes from your cookbook and eaten at your home on many occasions and I would have to say that you are a wonderful cook that I have learned so much from!!