Saturday, January 30, 2021

Baked Italian Pasta

 They say that necessity is the mother of invention.  I had planned to make a different recipe for dinner and found that I didn't have one of the basic ingredients.  So, I used ideas from several of my recipes and came up with a very delicious casserole. It was a great invention, if I say so myself!  I wanted to record it here, so I can make it again and, of course, share it with you.  I will definitely be making this again.

Baked Italian Pasta

1 lb. ground beef or sweet Italian sausage
1/2 cup or so diced summer sausage
1 onion, chopped
1/2 lb. pasta of choice, individual pasta like rigatoni or farfalle
1 32 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
2 T. sugar
1 package Italian dressing mix
1 8 oz. pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese, grated
1 can black olives

Brown the hamburger or sausage with the summer sausage and onion.  Drain.  Sprinkle the dressing mix over the meat mixture and mix well.  Add the spaghetti sauce and sugar and mix well.
Put pasta in a sprayed covered casserole dish.  Add the olives.  Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese over the pasta, then add the meat sauce and mix well.  Top with the rest of the cheeses.  Put the lid on and bake in a 350 oven until hot and bubbly.  

No comments: