Sunday, July 18, 2010

Shredded Pork-(tastes like Cafe Rio)

The night before...
3 1/2 to 4 lb pork roast
2 T brown sugar
1 to 1 1/2 tsp red pepper (cayenne)
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt

Mix together and rub on pork roast. Put in crock-pot on low all night. (If you have a pretty hot cooker, you can do it on high in the morning, until it cooks the meat through.)

The next morning add...
1 can root beer (the recipe I have says coke, but I like my RB)
1 cup chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced (I have an allergy, so I use 1/4 tsp. garlic powder)
1 small onion, chopped

Keep on low until ready to serve for lunch or dinner.

About one hour before serving, shred roast and add 1 cup brown sugar. Use in tacos or on salad w/ tomatillo dressing.

~I got this recipe from Blake's cousin, Jennica. So yummy!

No comments: