Monday, October 18, 2010

Hot Fudge Sauce

Here's another great sauce for ice cream. My favorite is brownies, vanilla ice cream with this sauce over the top. Just as with the caramel sauce, I've given this as a Christmas neighbor gift in small, decorative jars. I just quadruple the batch.

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup water
4 T. corn syrup
1 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp. vanilla

In a saucepan, combine sugar, butter, water, and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil, about 5-8 minutes. Boil for three minutes. Remove from heat and immediately stir in chocolate chips, beat with wire whisk unitl smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour into jar and store in refrigerator. Yield: 3 cups

1 comment:

Missy said...

This is next on my list to try - it if it anything like your caramel sauce I am in trouble!