Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Easy Cheesy Rolls

If you haven't tried Kristen's Creamed Sausage and Tomato Pasta, get the stuff for it at the grocery store THIS week and try it. It is easy and so delicious. It tastes like one of those fancy schmancy pasta dishes at an Italian restaurant. AND kids like it. To go with it, make these Easy Cheesy Rolls. I got the recipe from the Worldwide Ward Cookbook, but have done SO many variations- and all are good. I'll give you the original and add in my own suggestions. Enjoy a yummy pasta dinner!



Easy Cheesy Rolls

2-3 T.butter, melted
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese-the kind in the green can (I usually use fresh shredded)
1 Tbsp. dried basil and 1 T. olive oil (OR Pesto sauce from Costco, OR 1T. olive oil with 1 T. Italian Seasoning)
1 tsp garlic powder (my husband is a garlic salt addict, so we prefer garlic salt)
(I also often add parsley to the butter mixture- either dried or fresh)
Grated cheese, any kind (I actually prefer to use string cheese sticks. I just cut up two of them in 1/4th and put a fourth in each little packet. It's less messy. You can add grated cheese, too if you want them more cheesy)
1 pkg. Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (Biscuits are great, but one night I didn't have any and substituted a can of Pillsbury Crescent rolls and we like them even better)

In a bowl, combine melted butter, Parmesan cheese, dried basil or pesto, and garlic powder. Mix shredded cheeses in a separate bowl. Remove biscuits from can and separate into individual biscuits. Flatten each biscuit slightly and put some cheese in the center of each biscuit and fold the dough around the cheese to form a ball. Pinch the dough together to seal the cheese inside. Roll each ball of dough in the melted butter mixture and place on a baking sheet. if there is any left over butter mixture, spoon it on top of the rolls on the baking sheet, Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes until rolls are golden brown. Makes 8 rolls.

4 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

Those look and sound yummy!

Joan Morris said...

Sounds good, I'll have to check out Kristen's recipe.

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Shonna, I have a food blog with my sisters too! Ours is sweetphatsisters.blogspot.com. We'll have to swap recipes!