Monday, August 15, 2011

Asian Burgers

A fun, fresh twist to your usual hamburger. We got this recipe from Parenting Magazine.

1 lb lean ground beef
2 scallions, finely chopped
1 Tbs minced fresh ginger (I keep fresh ginger in a ziplock in my freezer, then grate it)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil (we used veggie oil and sprinkled in a few sesame seeds)
6 English muffins, split and toasted
1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds (optional, but we loved this addition)

In a large bowl mix together the beef, scallions, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and oil. Shape mixture into 6 1/2 inch thick patties. Heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium-high heat (we used our Foreman). Cook the patties about 5 minutes per side or until done.
Serve burgers on English muffins topped with sliced cucumber. Makes 6 servings. Yum.

2 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

I'm trying it. That sounds really yummy. What a great tip on fresh ginger, too. I never buy it because I can't use it all.

Pal & Hatty said...

I think that these sound so good! i love ginger and soy sauce - I will have to try this recipe!