Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Squash Medley


Our garden is going gangbusters, so every night I'm trying to figure out ways to use the delicious produce. This recipe isn't- a recipe, I mean. It's just a combination of ingredients my dad taught Ken how to put together years ago. When we make it, we always think of my Dad and his delicious food.

Yellow squash, pick them tiny
Zucchini, pick them tiny
onion, chopped
tomatoes, chopped
garlic, crushed or finely minced (I'm lazy and use the crushed from a jar), maybe 1 tsp.
olive oil
Salt, pepper, and basil

Put olive oil in a saute pan and add the squash, zucchini, and onion. Saute until the veggies are tender. Add the garlic and tomatoes and saute a minute or two longer. Add salt, pepper, and basil to taste.

1 comment:

Joan Morris said...

Lucy's favorite. Thanks for hosting us.