Friday, January 11, 2013

Easy and Delicious Oven Shrimp Scampi

I made this for New Year's.  It was very easy and so delicious.  Serve with rice.
1/2 cup butter
About 20 large, uncooked, tail on frozen or fresh shrimp
1 package Italian Dressing mix
Red pepper flakes, ( to taste, opt.)
2-3 cloves garlic minced or mashed
1 lemon, sliced

Preheat the oven to 350.  Put the butter in a 13 x 9 pan and put it in the oven while it's preheating until melted.  Remove the pan and mix the garlic  and pepper flakes into the butter.  Put the lemon slices on the butter, then lay the shrimp  on the lemon.  Sprinkle the dressing mix over all.  Bake for about 15 minutes until the shrimp are pink.  So yummy!

2 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I want some right now. Shrimp is my favorite food.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Oh, that does look delicious! If only my family liked shrimp. I may have to make it just for me some day as a little splurge. We should put it on a list for a future, someday "mom and sisters retreat" where we enjoy being together, eat yummy food, shop and talk, talk, talk!