Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ritzy Chicken




I've made a dish called Ritzy Baked Chicken for years.  I even say it's my signature dish- I've made it so much and I kind of made it up.  Well, I think I've found a recipe I like even better.  It's not as easy as Ritzy Baked Chicken, but it's so delicious.  It has almost exactly the same ingredients, but it's just prepared a different way- and it adds cheese.  Everything's better with cheese.  I think you'll really like it!

Ritzy Chicken
4 chicken breasts, each cut into 1/3rds
1 1/2 sleeves Ritz crackers, crushed
Salt and pepper, to taste
Garlic salt to taste
1 clove garlic
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup melted butter

Gravy
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 T. sour cream
1 T butter
Milk to thin

Preheat the oven to 400.  In a flat bowl, combine the Ritz crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic salt, garlic and cheese.  Dip the chicken pieces in the butter, then the crumb mixture.  Coat well.  Place in a sprayed 13 x 9 pan.  Do the same with all 12 pieces of chicken.  Make sure they are well coated. Cover with foil.   Bake for about 30 minutes.  Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes or so until well golden and edges crispy.  Mix together the gravy ingredients in a small saucepan.  Heat through.  Serve with mashed potatoes and the gravy to pour over the chicken and potatoes.

Recipe from Real Mom Kitchen

No comments: