Friday, January 18, 2013

Easy Crockpot Barbecue Chicken

I got this recipe (using the term "recipe" loosely) right after I was married from a cute older lady as we visited  at a wedding reception.  That's 35 years ago.  I've made it ever since.  It is SO easy and SO good.  She actually made it in an electric fry pan, but it works great in a Crock Pot.  Put chicken pieces  (with bones and skin) or a whole chicken in a crock pot. Pour barbecue sauce over the top.  I like to use Sweet Baby Ray's, but any kind you like is fine.  Turn it on low and cook several hours, depending on your crock pot.  That's it.  Serve with rice or macaroni and cheese or whatever you like. I especially like thighs because the dark meat is moist.  It is yummy and gooey and good.  See, you don't even have to copy this one!

No comments: