Monday, July 22, 2013

Cilantro Hummus


Combine the following in a food processor or blender:
2 cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
½ cup tahini (I didn't have any and it was really good w/o it too)
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
juice of two lemons
½ bunch cilantro
½ cucumber, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup of pickle juice
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. each salt and paprika

I found this on pinterest and my whole family loves it! I changed a couple of little things. Enjoy it with pretzels, on homemade bread, or in your sandwich wrap.

This is the site it was on:
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/cityofate/2009/02/appetite_for_instruction_hummu.php

2 comments:

Kay Hinton said...

Your picture is awesome!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Mmm. I need something yummy and healthy to replace all of the yummy and unhealthy that has been sneaking into my diet. This looks perfect. Thanks BD!