Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Crockpot Pumpkin Cobbler

 Our oven broke.  I needed to make a dessert that I could bake in my crockpot.  I found this recipe online.  I make Pumpkin Cobbler every year, but had never tried it in the crockpot.  It was pretty good, but my crockpot cooks too fast, so even on low it burns on the edges.  So there were some burned flecks in it.  But it was still good.  It sure smelled yummy while baking!



Crockpot Pumpkin Cobbler

Mix together in a large bowl:

3 eggs, beaten

1 large can pumpkin

1 can evaporated milk

1 cup sugar

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix well and use a spatula to pour into a sprayed crockpot.  Turn it on low heat.

Sprinkle on top:

1 box yellow cake mix

4 Tablespoons brown sugar

3/4 cup melted butter

Toffee bits, if desired.

Cook on low for 3-4 hours until cake is flaky.  Serve with whipped cream on top.  

No comments: