Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Monster Cookies

If you follow "The Pioneer Woman" you may have seen this recipe recently. I decided to give them a try, mostly because I wanted to have an excuse to buy M & M's. And because I had some Rice Krispies that I needed to use up.   I liked them.  My husband did not.  I  pretty much know that if something has bacon in it (these do NOT), my husband will like it.  If something has oatmeal in it (these DO), my husband will not like it.  But he says the reason he didn't like them is because they are too salty.  I totally agree.  If you like that salty sweet taste, then you'll like them, otherwise, lower the amount of salt.  I think I'll cut the salt in half when I make them again.

Monster Cookies
1/2 lb. butter (2 sticks), softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 T. vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsps. salt (I say 1 tsp. salt!)
1 1/2 cups oats (quick or regular)
1/2 cup M & M's
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup Peanut butter chips (I didn't have them, so I didn't put them in)
I added some white chocolate chips and about 1/2 cup toffee bits
2 1/4 cup Rice Krispies ( I didn't have that much, so added less.  It was fine)

Heat oven to 375.
Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy.  Add eggs, beating well after each.  Add the vanilla and beat well.
Combine the flour, salt, soda , and baking powder.  Add to the mixing bowl and blend well. Then turn off the mixer and add whatever ingredients you like.  the amounts are just suggestions.   Mix in.  Then add the Rice Krispies and blend until just combined- don't overmix.
Scoop  big cookies onto a sprayed cookie sheet- or lined with a silpat.  Bake until golden brown- but not overbaked.

No comments: