Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Peaches and Cream Pie


Easter Sunday a good friend stopped by with this beautiful pie. Doesn't it look delicious?!? Believe me. It is. I usually choose chocolate over fruit when I am selecting a dessert, but this would be an exception. It is super yummy. My friend was gracious enough to share her recipe and consent to sharing it with you, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 T. soft butter
1/2 c. milk
1 box (4 serving size) instant dry vanilla pudding mix
1 egg
1 lb. can peaches, reserve 3 Tbsp juice.
8 oz soft cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Mix first 7 ingredients until smooth. Place batter in greased 9 inch pie plate.

Drain peaches, reserving 3 Tbsp of the juice. Place fruit over batter.

Beat cream cheese, 1/2 c. sugar and reserved peach juice until smooth. Spread over top of fruit, leaving 1/2 inch ring of batter outside.

Mix 1 tsp. sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle on top of cream cheese mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees 35-45 minutes until the crust is golden brown. The original recipe said to "cool and serve", but we had it warm and I thought it was even better.

1 comment:

Kay Hinton said...

Wow, this looks delicious. Thank your friend for sharing!