Friday, June 19, 2015

Andelin's Gable House Pineapple Bran Muffins



I LOVE bran muffins.  I have posted two bran muffin recipes on here and have another one I love that I haven't posted yet.  BUT, I attended a family reunion this last weekend and my sister-in-law made a lot of muffins for it.  I fell in love with those, which is this recipe.  They are oo-ey gooey like this one, but a lot easier to make. I could not get enough of these. I remember eating at the Gable House and they would bring out a basket of different kinds of breads. I always chose the bran muffin.  I may never get around to posting my old stand-by recipe, because I may never make them again.  That recipe may have been replaced!  If you like bran muffins, give this recipe a try.  It makes a lot.  You can store the batter for up to six weeks in your refrigerator and bake it as you want.

Pineapple Bran Muffins
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix together in a large bowl:
4 cups All-Bran cereal
2 cups 40% Bran Flakes
1 cup chopped nuts of choice
2 cups shredded pineapple (I recommend using a food processor to shred it fine)

Mix together:
2 cups boiling water
1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons baking soda

Pour the hot water mixture over the bran mixture and set aside.

In another large bowl, mix together:
1 quart buttermilk
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
5 cups flour
1 Tablespoon salt.

Mix the two mixtures together.  Pour into paper lined muffin cups.  Bake for about 20 minutes (could be more or less, depending on size) in a 400 oven.

1 comment:

mgallian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.