Thursday, December 18, 2014

Oreo Truffles

Ingredients:
1 pkg OREO cookies (I used Mint)
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese (I used an off brand and they are delicious)
1 12 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Save out 2 cookies if you want to put cookie sprinkles on the top of your truffles. Crush just the cookie part into little bits.

Crush the rest of the cookies in the blender. Then whip cookie crumbs and slightly softened cream cheese with a hand mixer until mixture is very smooth.

Roll mixture into gumball size balls and place on either parchment paper or silicone mat lined cookie sheet that fits into your freezer. Freeze them for at least 15 minutes. (I left them in there for about an hour since life happened in between.)

While in the freezer, slowly melt the chocolate chips either in a double boiler or 30 seconds at a time in the microwave, stirring at least every 30 seconds until smooth.

Dip the balls in the melted chocolate and put back on silicone mat cookie sheet, then sprinkle the cookie crumbs while the chocolate is wet, then freeze again for a little while. Keep refrigerated in an air-tight container until serving.

I love these! I also crushed up a mint candy cane and sprinkled some of that on the tops of some of mine (I already ate those, so they're not in the picture.) Enjoy!

ALso, another recipe I saw said they used low-fat cream cheese and I'm sure they were also delicious.

No comments: