Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Striped White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn

This stuff is addictive.  It's a popular Christmas neighbor gift and I've eaten it a lot.  I decided I wanted to make it this year and searched the Internet for a recipe, but couldn't find one.  I guess it's one of those easy, word of mouth recipes and no one's bothered to post it.  So I decided I would- mostly so I can remember what I learned if I ever want to do it again.   It really is easy and really, really yummy!!!

Striped White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
About 12 cups of popcorn  ( I bought "Nearly Naked" popcorn at Costco, but you could pop your own)
About 6-8 ounces of white vanilla flavored candy melts (I've heard you can use white almond bark as well)
Chocolate candy melts
Peppermint bark, cut fine

Put the popcorn in a large bowl.  Be sure to remove all of the unpopped corn kernels.  Add about 1/2 cup chopped peppermint Melt the vanilla melts according to directions in your microwave.  Stir until smooth.  Pour over the popcorn and stir to coat the popcorn.  When coated, spread the popcorn on a silicone mat or waxed paper.  Let cool until the melts harden.  Melt about 3/4 cup of the chocolate melts (or you can use chocolate chips.)  With a large spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the corn, creating "stripes."  Let harden and then enjoy!!  Store in airtight containers, or bag to give away.


Now, here's the truth.  I tried it with much more chocolate on it and with less.  All are good.  So, you can do more or less and it still will be delicious.  It's not an exact recipe.  You can do it with or without the milk chocolate stripes and the peppermint bark.  You could add nuts or sprinkles or whatever you'd like.  I did two full bags of the Nearly Naked popcorn and used four bags of the vanilla melts on that much popcorn- if that helps.    Here's pictures of what I used:



I bought the candy melts at Michael's, but you can get them at Walmart, too.

No comments: