Monday, January 12, 2015

Quiche

For the last couple of months, my husband and 9 year old daughter have been making our Sunday dinners. They love it because they get to have a little cooking lesson and I love it because I get to have an evening off of cooking. :) A few weeks ago they made this delicious crustless quiche that Jared grew up with.

1 1/2 cups milk
3 rashes bacon - chopped
1/2 self-rising flour
1 cup grated cheese
3 eggs
1 small onion - chopped
salt and pepper
1 can corn

Combine and pour into a greased dish and bake at 400 for 35 minutes or until set.

My husband made this on what I consider to be our first date. He asked me out and I said I would love to, but was swamped with a big project in college that I needed to finish. So, he spent the whole day on campus with me helping me figure out the technical side of the project that was super intimidating to me. When I had to go to work he went home and made this quiche and then met me with dinner to finish up the project when I was done with work. His kindness and helpfulness really caught my attention...and the rest is history.

Last night they made these beautiful swans and chocolate eclairs for dessert:

Am I spoiled, or what?!?

1 comment:

Kay Hinton said...

Smart guy, that Jared!