Sunday, October 3, 2021

Favorites: Bars

 Some of our very favorite desserts fall in the category of bar cookies.  All five of these recipes are winners.  Actually, there are seven really good recipes.  I think I will put them all on here.  I just can't decide which two to cut.

1. Magic Cookie Bars:  If I named my children what food I craved when I was pregnant with them, Kristen's name would be Magic Cookie Bar.  I have loved these that long!  They are easy and delicious.


Hungry Hintons: Magic Cookie Bars

2. Banana Bread Bars:  Of late, these are by far our favorite bar cookies/ cake.  The frosting is to die for.

3. Sugar Cookie Bars:  All the joy of a frosted sugar cookie, but SO much easier.


Hungry Hintons: Sugar Cookie Bars with Lime Cream Cheese Frosting

4.  Butterscotch Cookie Bars:  When I first tasted these, I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  They are unlike anything you have had before.

Hungry Hintons: Butterscotch Cookie Bars

5.  Three-Layer Mint Brownies:  One of  my best all-time recipes for which I am known are these three-layer mint brownies.  I got the recipe from a college roommate years ago and have made them many, many times since.  Color the frosting green for Christmas or pink for Valentine's Day.  I even made them for Michelle's reception.


Hungry Hintons: Three Layer Mint Brownies

Honorable Mentions:

 6.  Blueberry Dance Bars:  I got this recipe from my sister, Joan years ago.  They were actually Cherry Dance Bars, but we prefer the blueberry.  The only thing is they are a bit tricky to bake the right amount of time.  They can be too gooey if you don't bake them long enough, and dry if you bake them too long.  But, if you get it just right, they are delicious!

Hungry Hintons: Blueberry Dance Bars

6.  Lemon Bars:  Everyone's favorite bars!


Hungry Hintons: Patty's Lemon Bars

No comments: