Friday, October 1, 2021

Favorites: Breads

 Here are five of our favorite bread recipes.  I may tack on an honorable mention or two as well.

1.  Relief Society Buttermilk Bread:  Easily my favorite bread recipe.  I make it all the time.  It makes two loaves.  I put the second one in the freezer or share it.


Hungry Hintons: Relief Society Buttermilk Bread

2. Peasant Bread:  This recipe is fairly new to my repetoire.  Michelle made it for us, and I've been making it ever since.  It is so easy and is the perfect bread for dipping oil and vinegar and serving with soups.


Hungry Hintons: Peasant Bread

3. Dinner Rolls:  Ever since I discovered this recipe, I am not afraid of making rolls any more.  These are so delicious!


Hungry Hintons: Dinner Rolls

4. Whole Wheat Bread:  This is the best whole wheat bread recipe in the world.  So, so good!


Hungry Hintons: Perfect Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread

5.  Whole Wheat Muffins:  Kristen put this recipe on the blog years ago.  These muffins are crazy good.  Her kids used to call them fuffins, so that's what we call them. 


Hungry Hintons: Whole Wheat Muffins

Honorable Mentions:  I have to add two recipes that are part of our family traditions:

Pumpkin Bread:  We have this every Halloween.

Hungry Hintons: Pumpkin Bread


Christmas Morning Rolls:  Our Christmas morning tradition has us eating this.  There are three different versions on here.  This is the one I usually make, but the others might be better?


Hungry Hintons: Christmas Morning Rolls- a Crown for a King


No comments: