Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Favorites: Side Dishes

 Choosing five side dishes kind of blends with vegetables and salads.  Some of these could go in those other categories as well.  But here are five of our favorite side dishes:

1. Summer Tomatoes:  Truth be told, when I make this, which I do every summer at least once, it is the main dish.  We love this yummy dish made with fresh garden tomatoes.  Sometimes I serve it over pasta, but usually I serve it with a crusty bread, like this one, and we just dip it.


Hungry Hintons: Summer Tomatoes

2. Cole Slaw:  We both love cole slaw.  This is a yummy recipe for it.


Hungry Hintons: Super Simple Coleslaw

3.  Pickled Cucumber and Red Onions:  I grew up eating this salad.  This is a really good recipe for it that my sister, Joan found when we did a Heritage Dinner (we ate Norwegian foods.)


Hungry Hintons: Pickled Cucumbers and Red Onion

4.  Pico de Galo:  I got this recipe from a friend and make it often as side with Mexican dishes.  It is delicious on my chicken enchiladas.  It also is great with tortilla chips.


Hungry Hintons: Pico de Gallo

5. Baked Beans  Everyone has a favorite baked beans recipe.  This is mine.  Nery a summer goes by that I don't make these.  They are great for a potluck.  I recently made them for a family reunion and everyone, including the kids, loved them.


Hungry Hintons: Patty's Baked Beans

No comments: