Saturday, October 16, 2021

Favorites: Salads

I shouldn't be doing this post.  All three of my daughters are salad people.  I am not.  I don't usually like main dish salads much (please don't pull my girl card.)  Shonna, especially is the queen of salads and there are a lot of jar salad recipes on this blog from her.  But I will post the salads we eat the most around here.  Hers, I'm sure are better and much healthier!

1. Creamy Orange Jell-o Salad:  I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, Ada many years ago.  Truth be told, it is the salad I make most often.  It is often served at Hinton family gatherings.  It is a side dish.  I usually make orange, but strawberry is also delicious.  It has virtually no nutritional value, but my husband loves it.  So that gives it value, right?


Hungry Hintons: Creamy Orange Jello Salad

2. Cucumber Sour Cream Salad.   I fairly recently discovered this salad recipe and I make it frequently.  We both love it.  It helps me recall my Scandinavian heritage.


Hungry Hintons: Cucumber/ Sour Cream Salad

3. Curried Chicken Salad.  I watched Ina Garten make this salad years ago on television and have been making it ever since.  I love it!
4. Pasta Chicken Salad  I got this delicious recipe from Michelle's mother-in-law, Cynthia.  It makes a huge amount, so it is great to serve at party, shower, family gathering, etc.  

5. Chicken Taco Salad;  This is a delicious main dish salad. 

No comments: