Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Favorites: Comfort Foods

 This is a category I had to add so I could include more of our favorite main dish recipes.  These are some of our favorite down- home meals that are delicious, nostalgic, and long-time favorites.

1. Sunday Meat :  Because we had it often on Sunday, our kids started calling it Sunday meat.  It is my mama's meatloaf and it is delicious.  She learned to make it from a black woman who cooked for them when she lived in Detroit (where she was getting her master's degree.)


Hungry Hintons: Mama's Meatloaf or Sunday Meat

2. Mad Hatter Meatballs:  This is probably the recipe I have been making the longest of all my recipes.  I got Betty Crocker's cookbook for children when I was a child.  This dish was in there and I made it then and have been making it since.  It, for me, is truly comfort food.


Hungry Hintons: Mad Hatter Meatballs

3. Ritzy Baked Chicken:  This was a favorite of our kids when they were growing up, one of a handful of dishes that everyone liked.  We often had it on Sundays.


Hungry Hintons: Ritzy Chicken

4. Skillet Beef Stew Over Noodles:  I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and have been making it ever since.  It is quick and easy and yummy.


Hungry Hintons: Skillet Beef Stew

5. Whole Chicken:  Comfort food at its finest.  I've been making this in the slow cooker for years, but recently adapted it for the instant pot.  


Hungry Hintons: Instant Pot Whole Chicken

No comments: