Saturday, September 18, 2021

Favorites: Sandwiches

I love sandwiches.  I love them.  I try to put them on the menu at least every other week.  Choosing my top five favorite sandwich recipes on this blog was not easy.  Here are five of my favorites:  

1. Rueben Sandwich:  We love Reuben sandwiches, but neither of us are fans of strong-tasting rye bread.  So, honestly, we usually make these on white bread.  

 Hungry Hintons: Reuben Sandwiches

2.  Sloppy Joes:  I have been making sloppy joes for crowds for many years.  This is a good recipe that  I've tweaked and improved over the years.  I almost always have a quart of sloppy joe in my freezer.



Hungry Hintons: Crockpot Sloppy Joes

3.  Banh Mi Sandwich:  Introduced to these years ago by my sister, Joan, they have become one of our favorite sandwiches.  They are a Vietnamese staple, and one at our house now, too.



Hungry Hintons: Banh Mi Sandwiches

4.  Oh, Baby Sandwiches:  Well, that's we call them because in the movie, Spanglish, just before Adam Sandler takes a bite of one, he says, "Oh, baby!"  They are touted as the World's Best Sandwich.  Try them.  You will see why.



Hungry Hintons: Oh, Baby!

5. Chicken Roll-ups:  I love these hot sandwiches. My husband likes them with chicken gravy, but I like them just as they are.  




Hungry Hintons: Chicken Roll ups



No comments: